A raised paver patio with a retaining wall is aesthetically appealing and practical. And, if you have the space in your home, you should consider one. Contact a reliable company offering pavers in Tampa, or if you are one of those who likes to do things on their own, you may follow these tips to build your paver patio with a retaining wall.
Let’s understand how you can build one on your own. Your first task should be to mark out the area with strings or paint and then excavate the place to get rid of all the organic matter and surface vegetation. You cannot use the excavated material to fill the excavated site, so prepare for proper disposal. Once all this is done, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- From the lowest point of the trench, start digging the base approximately 6 inches in breadth and 24 inches in length. The trench should also be 1 inch deep for every 1 foot of the wall height.
- Once done, you can use a plate compactor to reduce the chances of water infiltration and create a strong base for the construction. Most of the reckoned pavers in Tampa suggest that you get professional help for this if you lack the expertise and equipment to perform it, considering that this task will determine the overall structural strength.
- To prevent the building up of water pressure behind the retaining wall, you will have to place a drainage pipe at the back of this trench, ensuring it receives daylight at the lowest point.
- If you are building the retaining wall against the house, you will also have to manage the water flow around the foundation area. To do so, you can waterproof the foundation wall. This will help prevent the surfacing of issues in the future.
- If you have no idea about the design options, search online for paver retaining wall ideas. However, it is best to get experts on board at this point, considering that it can be quite challenging in comparison to many other home DIY projects that you have completed on your own.
There are many expert pavers in Tampa who can offer their services to help build a raised paver patio with a retaining wall. However, the one you end up hiring should be certified and experienced. Look for online reviews and recommendations from your acquaintances to pick a reckoned service provider.